Botswana is taking steps to open up to holidaymakers in a bid to diversify its economy away from diamonds, an official has said in Gaborone on Wednesday, 30 January 2019.
He said the outcome of the meeting is to ensure that there is easy and unhindered access for prospective tourists to and within Botswana and to ensure entrepreneurs fully subscribe to the standards.
According to Moatshe, the objective of the meeting is also to elevate the recognition of tourism as a priority growth sector in Botswana, as well as to adequately fund and aggressively develop and promote the sector.
Moatshe said it is also aimed at increasing and growing the contribution of tourism to the GDP as well as developing world class infrastructure for facilitation of tourism.
It is also aimed at advancing investment in tourism and creating a conducive and stable business environment. In addition to the above, it also seeks to employ the best practices of environmental management and conservation in the tourism sector in order to be a globally acknowledged leader in environmental and nature conservation.
- Jack Ma’s US$10 Million Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative applications to open in March 2019
- Malawi: Tay Grin on why he's joining politics
- Wheat consumption rising in Africa
- African Leaders Support Dangote, Imoukhuede-led Business Coalition for Health
- Western Union introduces new payment option for Amazon.com shoppers in Kenya