Bono will speak in Chicago about his efforts to combat AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa.
Bono is co-founder of ONE, an advocacy organization that lobbies governments around the world to address poverty. He also co-founded RED, which partners with well-known brands to raise public awareness of AIDS. It has raised more than $500 million for AIDS prevention and treatment in Africa.
- Aliko Dangote named richest person in Africa for eighth consecutive year
- Kenyan startups win Africa Business Challenge
- Expert: Small fragmented African airlines will continue making losses
- Bill and Melinda Gates team up with Israeli tech company to help African children
- SKA infrastructure design complete