Bono will speak in Chicago about his efforts to combat AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa.
Bono is co-founder of ONE, an advocacy organization that lobbies governments around the world to address poverty. He also co-founded RED, which partners with well-known brands to raise public awareness of AIDS. It has raised more than $500 million for AIDS prevention and treatment in Africa.
- Wheat consumption rising in Africa
- African Leaders Support Dangote, Imoukhuede-led Business Coalition for Health
- Western Union introduces new payment option for Amazon.com shoppers in Kenya
- Agriculture task force takes aim at EU investment plan for Africa
- David Makhura gives himself pat on back ahead of Sopa